Sunday, August 12, 2012


Welcome! I am very excited about meeting each and every one of you. I’m looking forward to teaching your student and providing meaningful experiences to develop a lifelong love for learning. I truly want their year to be a positive experience.  Let me introduce myself  for those who do not already know me, my  name is Maya Burnett y Velarde (Ms. Maya). I was born and raised in New Mexico. I attended UNM and received my BS in Elementary Education with a minor in Psychology and an endorsement in Social Studies. I have a background in behavioral management and have been in the classroom in different positions since high school. I was the educational assistant for the kindergarten last year at TISA. This will be my first year teaching and I am very excited.  This year we will explore many subjects and create many different projects. 
Attached is the school supply list and below are important dates for you to remember.

The 5th, 6th, and 7th  grades will be starting at 8:00 AM and ending at 4:15 PM, Tuesday through Friday.

Important Dates:
August 14, 2012 from 5:30 to 6:30 we will have an open house. This will be an opportunity for you and your student to meet me and see their new classroom and facility. This will also be an opportunity for your student to bring their school supplies to the classroom. Curriculum night will be at a later date.  At that time we will discuss in detail the plans for the year. 

August 15, 2012  FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment